these are the things that are on my mind....

these are the things that are on my mind....

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

inhale.

where are the warning labels for life? the manual i was supposed to be given at birth? the detailed instructions that should be tattooed on everyone's backs? i look at my kid nephew, at my godson, at my best friend's daughter, and my best friend's son... and think "how do i save them?" how do we keep them from feeling the pain and fear of our lowest lows, yet let them live freely and passionately? there are things my parents never taught me, i wish they had. now that i've experienced them, i can see in their eyes that at some point they did too. so many things unspoken. would i have learned from them these lessons or are we all destined to these trials? how much more is there to learn? i've been told time and time again that the end justifies the means, i've seen it, i understand the adage, but i question the ultimateness of it.

No comments: