these are the things that are on my mind....

these are the things that are on my mind....

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

JESUS LAND

Jesus Land is a memior by Julia Scheeres . She tells the story of her teenage years during the mid-80s, growing up in rural Indian with her adopted, African American brother David. Her story is heart wrenching, to say the least. With parents whose sanity is questionable, and racism raging in their community, David and Julia find that everyday life is a struggle. Eventually, the struggle engulfs them both. I could tell you more, in fact, I could talk about this book for hours.... but I think you should read it. Jesus Land is truly an incredible book... Her story is unfathomable, and her writing is addictive. Seriously, this is one of the best books I've ever read. I'm contemplating reading it again. You can borrow my copy, shit, I'll even deliver it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JR. Sounds super rad, I'd like to make this a summer read for me!