these are the things that are on my mind....

these are the things that are on my mind....

Friday, December 12, 2008

What to do, What to do.....?

So it's the end of another semester, and I'm going through the usual head trip.... Lots of big changes coming up, some good, some will be good in the long run, I hope. Met with a counselor, found out that the previous counselor I met with advised me wrong on a couple things (my fault for not following up), so it's another semester at OCC, which isn't too bad seeing as how the state of our country has our public school system spinning out, millions of dollars in budget cuts have our calstate system soooooo impacted that the chances of me transferring in 2009 are slim to none. Gives me a lil wiggle-room to boost my GPA. Two classes and I'm ready to go to big girl school, finally. I feel like I'm super behind, but I'm happy to be on a path. The issue for me now is to narrow that path down a bit. What do I want to be when I grow up? WAIT! I'm already grown up! Crap, when did that happen?????? I'm contemplating a lot right now, I thought I knew EXACTLY what my plan was after junior college, but I'm starting to second guess things lately. Ultimately, I want to end up doing something I love. I've never lived an extravagant lifestyle, so my monetary drive is merely to be comfortable- stable. I want to have a fulfilling career. I want to be exceptional at whatever it is I do for a profession. I want to make a difference in the lives of people around me. I want to never stop learning. I want to travel. I want people to remember my name. So if anyone can tell me what career path will fulfill these requirements, I'm totally open to suggestions right now.

4 comments:

Anna Bannana said...

Miss Jamie... you already make a difference in the lives of the people around you. And as soon as I'm not stoney anymore, I'm going to write some more nice stuff!

mRoyed said...

So,

Something you love
comfortable and stable
fulfilling career
be exceptional in it
make a difference in peoples lives
room for continual knowledge growth
travel
and name recognition.

Seems as long you successfully fulfill just the first requirement, the rest should be pretty fucking easy.

Thanks for giving me another site to waste my time on at work

Anonymous said...

I think you should be a Rock Star or professional Poker player. Do they teach that at Cal State?

pdxladybug said...

I'm about to finish "Big Girl School" and I'm still asking myself the same questions! The key is to figure out what it is you like to do and how to get someone to pay you to do it. I highly recommend volunteering and internships before you invest a lot of time and money (not to mention blood, sweat, and tears!)You kinda get to test drive the job that way (and sometimes you can get college credit to do it--just talk to an advisor early on). Good luck! Go get 'em, Tiger! You can do it! [Your cliche here].