these are the things that are on my mind....

these are the things that are on my mind....

Sunday, July 27, 2008

New Spin?

My friend and blogging mentor Dharma Bum has a cool thing going with the "Letters From Mom" section of his blog..... Let me tell you, I love it! So, as any smart person does with someone else's good idea, I'm going to steal it! Okay, not really steal it so much as be inspired by it? Nevermind, you're right, I am stealing it. My version shall be called "Emails from the Bishop"- this requires a bit of an explanation I reckon..... you see, my grandpa holds the highest rank of ordination within the Catholic church that a married man can hold (no, he's not a bishop, just wait, you'll understand). As most people know, the Catholic church has some pretty ornate outfits for its disciples, and my gramps has quite a few lavish robed outfits for different festivities. Well, a neighbor of my ma and pa's once saw a picture of my grandma and grandpa together, him dressed in a particularly "extravagant" ensemble....Now they were posed as any affectionate married couple would be, and, finding that a bit peculiar, our neighbor says "Wow, punky (my grandma((another good family nickname))) sure is getting familiar with that bishop!" Long story short, we explained that it was my grandpa, and from that day forward they became Punky & the Bishop. All that being said, "Emails from the Bishop" will highlight some of the more noteworthy of the hundreds (yes hundreds) of chain and forwarded emails I receive from my gramps each week. Hopefully you'll enjoy, and more importantly, hopefully I'll do Dharma Bum proud!

No comments: