these are the things that are on my mind....

these are the things that are on my mind....

Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's That Time Of Year! Serious Stuff, My Friends!

For those of you who don't know me well, or have just recently made my acquaintance, let me tell you a little story about Christmas last year.

Mid December I went shopping at the local malls, the usual all day Christmas shopping gig.

Long story short, about 12 hours after getting home, I started to feel a lil under the weather... Flu-like symptoms. I figured it was nothing and decided to sleep it off. I woke up to body shakes, violent vomiting, the whole shuhbang. I pretty much spent the next eight hours either throwing up or thriving in pain, unable to eat or drink anything. I figured it was the flu, what could be done? Just sleep it off, right? Finally I managed to get a little sleep. I woke up to an empty house, in a complete state of dulerium, confused and disoriented. I managed to get a hold of a thermometer... my 100 degree temperature had turned into 105! I called for help and rushed to the ER...

Turns out it was Bird Flu!
Yes, you read right, BIRD FLU...... like on the local news?!!?

I spent my christmas in bed, pretty much quarantined from anyone and everyone, especially my grandparents and little cousins.

So there's a moral to this story:

GET A FLU SHOT!
seriously, I thought I was going to die, it ruined the holidays for me, I lost 20 pounds... It's not worth it!

I'd always believed the Flu Shots were primarily for the elderly, its a common misconception.

Flu Shots are for everyone! EVERYONE!

It'll be the best $20 bucks you spend this holiday season.

Here's some places that administer the vaccines:

Walgreens


Vons/ Safeway

Or visit the American Lung Society's website to learn more and find a location near you!


Do it for Me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're so dramatic. and you were writhing in pain, not thriving. duh.