these are the things that are on my mind....

these are the things that are on my mind....

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Please say a prayer....

Today I started my volunteering with the Adapted Physical Education program at school. I was paired with an older man named Dick who suffers from a sort of paralysis of the left side of his body. While we were doing a weightlifting exercise, a weight Dick was holding with his good arm was too heavy and Dick's arm gave out, which resulted in it snapping back at the elbow. Dick had to go to the ER, and at this point I do not know the extent of his injury. There is a good chance that his arm could be broken. I am heartbroken to have played a part in this. So I'm asking you all to please take a moment and say a prayer to your collective higher powers on behalf of Dick. His mobility is soo very limited, it would be devastating if he were to have any serious damage to the strongest part of his body. Thanks you guys.




----<3 jr

No comments: