these are the things that are on my mind....

these are the things that are on my mind....

Friday, April 15, 2011

Molecular Science

Today was a frustrating day.

Sometimes I wonder if perhaps we were born with a certain amount of molecules (or cells or something to that effect) and each and every day one of them dies. Sometimes they die because it was their time, because we no longer needed them, or perhaps it was time for another to take its place. Somedays its more than one, maybe a handful, maybe more- sacrificed for the sake of experience or memory, or stolen by another being who's count is depleting at a speed higher than our own. Sometimes they go quietly, just a natural passage, the circle of life, other times they're torn from us, ripped away. Somedays we are completely unaware, just the passing of time, and others... well other days we feel each and everyone with the weight of the world. And at the end of it all is the last of our days, when the last of the molecules fade and we move from this life to whatever follows. Today was one of those days where too many molecules fell. It wasn't a vicious murder, a horrible traumatic separation. It was just one of those days that ended in a loss.

And I'm restless and tired and somewhat bitter about how todays molecules were spent.

6 comments:

SweetPinkPill said...

I know the feeling. As a major procastinator I spend a lot of my time putting off for tomorrow what would have been better off done today. talk about wasteful molecules.

The Car Buying King said...

I hear you!! I have been up all night contemplating what I need to do with things in my life. I sometimes wonder if I should do things now or later.

Car Buying Tips

Jayson said...

relate! trust me, I also experienced same thing as yours. I just see things differently now. it is agonizing to feel that way.

~jayson of Online Ninja blog

JR said...

glad to know i'm not alone!

ryan w said...

On the note of molecules / cells dying, molecules don't die they just reform. In reality, this is true of everything. "Molecule", "cell"... after all, they're just words we made up to describe stuff with common characteristics.

But, given the definition of "cells", cells in our body are constantly shedding from our bodies, dying off, AND rebuilding. The beauty of nature is the constant change. One day we may be dying, but we can also rebuild ourselves. =)

"The only constant is change." -Al Einstein

Tauhuay said...

If you teach, I think molecules die twice faster.