these are the things that are on my mind....

these are the things that are on my mind....

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happy Birthday.

In an hour I turn 29.
I am somewhere I did not expect to be.
I am someone I never knew existed.
They are just numbers
these are just days
I end this year of life frustrated, angry, confused, and so very sad.
I leave this year behind with all that it stole from me.
I leave this year behind
trying to convince myself
that there are lessons to be learned
that something bigger will reveal itself to me in time.
I leave this year knowing less than I ever have
and feeling emotions deeper then I ever needed to know the depths of.
I leave knowing only one thing for sure:
beyond this body, and the soul and mind it holds,
I have no power. I have no control.
In 29 years of life that is what I've learned.
Everything can change in one beat of the heart
and, relentlessly, the heart keeps beating.

No comments: