these are the things that are on my mind....

these are the things that are on my mind....

Monday, March 19, 2012

March 19th

Today is a day that reminds me of things worth fighting for
of events that cannot be controlled by best laid plans
or the purest of intentions.
Today is a day that reminds me that all can change
in the blink of an eye, a turn of the clock.
Today brings me back to the darkest of moments
and a strength beyond comprehension.

Today, I remember how short life can be
Today, I remember why I fight
and why I love so deeply.

Today, I choose hope
I choose faith in my own happiness
in the happiness I deserve.
Today I put my faith in a universe that has chewed me up and spit me out.
If only for today, I trust in that connection that lies between us.
I trust in its beauty
and in its purity.
All of the energy put in
all of me
and all of you.
It still exists.
Every day is a gift
our love was a gift
Life is a gift, and our life together
the greatest of all.

We found what everyone searched for
we found the subject of a million books
we found what wars were waged for
and what lives were given for.
And we've just but sacrificed it
to bullshit
and fear and ego.
But on this day, I fight.
Let go of what was
and fight for what's to come.


I will consider this time a reminder
just as that day, seven years ago was a reminder,
life is short, love is precious and both are to be cherished.
Today I choose to cherish you, forever, if you'll let me.
And perhaps tomorrow, you will choose to say yes.
Our love makes this world a more beautiful place.

No comments: