these are the things that are on my mind....

these are the things that are on my mind....

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Birds of a Feather

I came across this article today (go ahead and look, it's a quick read). Looks like a politician is a politician is a ...... ??? Now don't get me wrong, I've been a fan of ol' debs for a while now... (We have a weird "six degrees of kevin bacon" connection) but you read things like this and you cant help but wonder... There are all kinds of ways to justify it, I reckon, but I'm pretty sure I don't stand alone in saying that I'm sick of justifying on behalf of our leaders. We all have done it. You know you have. Justified an elected officials actions. Shit, we're embarrassed. Things like this are embarrassing. Isn't anyone held accountable anymore? I can't help but wonder whether we are so desensitized to incredulous behavior due to the joke-of-an-administration thats been overseeing our country, that we'd just as well look past blunders like these... If  HE can do it, why can't we?

No comments: