these are the things that are on my mind....

these are the things that are on my mind....

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

decisions, decisions...

My friend nik recently suggested training with her for a mini triathlon. The triathlon part sounds fun, but that whole training thing... blech. But the more I've thought about it, the more interested I am. I even went so far as to follow up with her to find out the details. However, turns out its sold out (really? that many people want to run walk swim to the point of exhaustion? hard to believe...) I'm not gonna lie and say I was super bummed, it was more like relieved.... Well, another friend recently said he'd signed up for the Long Beach triathlon (what's with all this triathlon fever???) and now I'm kinda thinking about it, again. Soooooo.... what do i do? Ugh. I know it would be great for me, physically, and quite possible emotionally too, but shit, thats quite a challenge. AAAArrgghhhh! I'm oh-so torn on this one.. yes, no, yes, no, yes??? Do I have it in me? Is six weeks enough to train? What if I drop dead mid course, to they have insurance for that? hhhmmmmm..... maybe I'll just flip a coin.


Anyone got a double-sided quarter I can borrow?

2 comments:

Hatfield said...

You make your own luck, just like Harvey Dent, and look how well that turned out for him...er, nevermind.

If you haven't been working out, six weeks is likely not enough. I doubt you'd die, but it could be most unpleasant.

Chris said...

Start now!