these are the things that are on my mind....

these are the things that are on my mind....

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Perseids Song

tonight i left work, and started driving towards your house.
i was going to surprise you,
pick you up
and drive you to the middle of nowhere
so, together, we could sip hot chocolate
and watch the stars fall from the sky.
like the fire that was between us
shooting across the universe.
without thinking, i started driving,
grinning from ear to ear.
you'd be so excited;
it would be so perfect

and then it hit me,
like icey waters
against a sun-scorched desert,
reality slapped me across the face.
like a blow to the gut,
it stole away my breath,
and stole a beat from my heart.
my soul lurched beneath the weight...

and all i could do
was turn around and drive home.

No comments: