these are the things that are on my mind....

these are the things that are on my mind....

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It's that look. The one you get from those who care about you, the ones closest to your own pain. That look of sympathy, of knowing. The one that sees right through your best attempt to hold back tears, to feign a smile. That look that hurts just as much as the thoughts in your head, the tearing in your heart. It says "I know you are hurting and there's absolutely nothing I can do." And you both know that you're wishing there was something they could do, anything. It's that hug, as they walk away, held for just a second too long. Don't go... don't let me stay here, crying by myself... Somebody be here with me, please. I don't want to do this.
But they know, just as well as you do.... nobody can save you.
Say the words
It get's easier.
when?
Look away.
there's no answer
Because nobody's sure, every one is hoping
and no one wants to admit
some scars last forever.

No comments: